MSPs In Action On Burntisland Station Access Campaign

https://twitter.com/cllrkathleen/status/1047923339128442881

Step-free Station Access Campaign Gains Momentum

Burntisland Primary Goes Back to 1883

Today and tomorrow all P6 and P7 classes will visit the layout in the Parish Church Hall.

Plenty to see and learn about railways, modelling and the history of Burntisland.

Many of the pupils intend to return on Saturday or Sunday with family and friends.

The world’s first train ferry (to Granton).

The slaughter house, one of the few remaining buildings (apart from the station), 11 on map below.

The Future of the Burgh Chambers

Burgh Chambers with Library to the right

Burntisland once had a Town Council, this magnificent building is where it met.

Now the Community Council meets once a month and the Heritage Centre is based in part of the ground floor (Entrance in Kirkgate).

Part of the building is unoccupied and the whole is generally underused.

The Community Community Council has been working hard for several years to make sure the Chambers survives for centuries to come and is also suitable for additional uses. One thing required is a lift to make the upper floor easily accessible.

The Burntisland Chambers Complex Feasibility Study (more documents) has recently been completed and plans will be available to see, and comment on, on Saturday in the Parish Church Hall – where the 1883 model is on display.

The future of the building behind the Chambers is uncertain. This may have been neglected for so long that the only ‘economic’ solution is demolition.

1883 is Back in Burntisland!

67FBD144-644D-4358-94B8-A81D0EF5BAEF

The gap in the middle will shortly be full of ‘water’.

The fabulous and wholly unique model railway layout has returned for the second time (it was here eight years ago).

Anyone who saw it before will know it’s well worth seeing again. In addition to the station, working train ferry and cranes, the layout has been extended to include the locomotive roundhouse (photos tomorrow).

8E9FCB77-2FDF-4076-8330-1A58B92E50C9

The highly detailed layout is the work of members of the East of Scotland 4mm Group of the Scalefour Society, several stay in Fife.

The layout is in sections and arrived in a small trailer.

It will be open to the public on Saturday and Sunday in the Parish Church Hall. Admission free (donations welcome).

Parish Church Collects 129 Backpacks for Mary’s Meals

ED920C89-0CBB-41D8-A890-C2FE73AC7374.jpeg

The bags are going to children in Malawi and are stuffed full of useful things including clothes and items to help with schooling.